Monday, September 9, 2013

Summer's End and Grumpy


The day was stressful. The traffic was heavy and it slowed to a crawl. All a wanted to do was to be home! When you hit the door after that day, are you tired, stressed. and grumpy?

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud." - 1 Corinthians 13:4 NIV

Patience is when I don't complain, get annoyed, lash out, or anything else the devil may have in mind when I am confronted with a stress. I endure and help to become a blessing to the people in my life with tenderness instead of someone people have to be careful what they do and say around.

I set myself up in advance on the way home how I will react to whatever will come up. Try it. Pray about it! 

What possibilities does God have for you to be a blessing in patience and kindness today? Decide ahead of time that when you have times like these that you won't give away your peace and take it out on the ones you love.  Will you decide today?


Good for you!

You are invited to worship with us 10:30 Sunday morning. We are 2 blocks south of the railroad tracks on Fannin Street in Putnam.